Now that summer has arrived, we wanted to level up the margarita game. Christie Vanover with @girlscangrill has come up with sweet, spicy, and crisp simple syrup using our Hibiscus Habanero Blend. Use the Hibiscus Habanero and salt to rim the glass to give an extra punch flavor. This drink is the perfect beverage for your Taco Tuesday or next Margarita night. Pair with A Cook Named Matt’s Adobo Honey Pork Tacos for the best taco night.
Hibiscus Habanero Simple Syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon Spiceology Hibiscus Habanero Blend
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Spiceology Hibiscus Habanero
- 1 lime
- 2 ounces tequila
- 1/2 ounce triple sec
- 1 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 ounce Hibiscus Habanero simple syrup
- In a small saucepan, combine the simple syrup ingredients. Place on the stove and bring to a simmer. Stir until dissolved. Remove from heat and chill.
- In a small bowl, combine the salt and 1/2 teaspoon hibiscus habanero. Rub a lime wedge around the edge of a glass. Dip the glass into the salt.
- Fill the glass with ice. Add the tequila, triple sec, lime juice and simple syrup. Stir. Garnish with a fresh lime wedge.