This one’s for the Canadians! Well, when we’re talking air-fried potatoes – this one’s for everyone.
If you like spice you need to make these – the real kick comes from letting the cut potatoes soak in jalapeno-infused water.
Never tried our spicy Jalapeno Popper blend?
This blend features Buttermilk Powder, Garlic, Onion, Mild Green Chile Pepper, White Vinegar Powder, Jalapeño Pepper, and more goes great on eggs, pasta, fries, popcorn, tots, wings, veggies – you name it.
Jalapeno Popper Cactus-Cut Potato Chips
- Prep Time: 2 hours
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 2 hours 15 minutes
- Yield: 4–6 servings 1x
- 1–2 lbs of Russet or Yukon gold potatoes
- 1–2 Jalapeños, depending on how spicy you want your chips
- Spiceology Jalapeño Popper seasoning, as needed
- Optional, oil for frying if not using an air fryer
- Blend Jalapeño with 1 tablespoon of water, seeds and all. Add to a large bowl of 6 cups water and mix.
- Slice your potatoes thin right into your jalapeño water with a mandolin or very sharp knife. Let them soak for a few hours or overnight.
- Dry your chips and place into your air fryer basket. Cook at 400°F until crispy, about 10-12 minutes, and make sure to move them around every few mins to avoid sticking together). Don’t have an air fryer? You can fry in them oil at 350°F until golden, about 2-4 minutes.
- Place cooked chips in a bowl, toss with Spiceology’s Jalapeño Popper seasoning and enjoy right away with your fav burger or sandwich!