Korean Bbq Smoked Brisket Recipe
- Recipe by: Chef Tony Reed, Spiceology Foodservice Director
- Difficulty level: Moderate
- Time: 6-8 hours
- 2 quarts water
- 1 cup kosher coarse salt
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 12 cup ice
- 12lb brisket
- 8 ounces (1 ½ cup) Spiceology’s Korean BBQ Blend
- In a large pot dissolve brown sugar and salt in boiling water. Remove from heat.
- Add ice and Brisket. Brine overnight (12-14hrs) in refrigerator.
- Once ready to cook, remove the brisket from the brine and pay dry with paper towels.
- Using the Korean BBQ Blend, rub the brisket down. Remember to get into all the crevices with the blend.
- Set your Traeger (or any smoker) to 250 degrees F.
- Once the smoker is at temperature, set the brisket directly on the grill, fat side down. Smoke for 3 hours.
- After 3 hours remove the brisket from the heat and double wrap the brisket in tinfoil. Place back on the grill.
- Set the temperature to 275 degrees F and cook until the internal temperature of the meat is at 203 degrees F.
- Once to temperature, remove foil from brisket and place on the grill for an additional 30 minutes. Remove from the grill and immediately serve or wrap again and serve later!