Maui Wowee is a hands-down fan favorite and part of the Love is Love Variety Pack. We’re talking real pineapple, brown sugar, tamari soy granules, black sesame seeds, Asian spices, and chiles… we humbly think this is one of the best blends Spiceology has ever formulated. These Maui Wowee Pineapple Pork Belly Tarts are super easy to throw together and an absolute crowd-pleaser. Salty sweet pork belly deliciousness in a tart. What’s not to love?
Find more Love is Love recipe inspiration on our blog here.
Get inspired by Shannon Feltus by following her @urbanfarmfoods.
Maui Wowee Pineapple Pork Belly Tarts
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4–6 servings 1x
- 4 tablespoons Spiceology Maui Wowee Rub
- 1 can chopped pineapple drained
- 1/2 lb cured pork belly
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 pack puff pastry dough
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Arrange thick slices of pork belly on a sheet pan. Using 3 tablespoons of Maui Wowee coat the slices evenly.
- Lay the puff pastry sheets out flat and cut into nine squares per sheet. On another sheet pan lined with parchment arrange the puff pastry squares with at least 1/2 inch between. Spoon a heaping tablespoon of chopped pineapple into the center of each square. Divide the remaining tablespoon of Maui Wowee among these pastry squares and sprinkle over each.
- Place both sheet pans in the oven at the same time and bake for 12-15 minutes or until pastry is golden and puffed around the edges.
- After removing the pans, allow the pork belly to rest and also drizzle honey over each pineapple portion of the tart while they are warm
- Slice pork belly into 2 inch wide pieces and top each tart with one.
- Enjoy Warm!