You should be using your Mulling Spice for way more than wine. With our own unique blend of Spices, Orange Peel, Lemon Peel, Vanilla and more – Mulling Spice can pack a deliciously powerful punch to your fall and winter baking and cooking.
This Mulling Spice Apple & Nectarine Tart smells as good as it looks and tastes. This easy recipe by Chef Ryan Wiebe is quick to assemble, and you can swap out or add other fruits that are in season. Perfect for potlucks, holidays or just to make a weeknight special, make this show-stopper tart and put that versatile Mulling Spice to work.
- 3 pounds of apples, sliced thin
- 2–3 Nectarines
- 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup butter, diced
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Cinnamon, as needed
- Nutmeg, as needed
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/4 cup Spiceology Mulling Spice
- 2 cups of white sugar
- Store bought crust (for 10-11 inch tart)
- Make or buy your tart dough. Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Slice apples and nectarines thinly, toss with brown sugar, lemon juice, zest, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Roll out your dough, place it in your tart shell, add the apples and nectarines to the tart and place around until you have used all of your fruit.
- Place cubed butter and a sprinkle of brown sugar on top and bake for 18-22 mins.
- Heat the water and steep Spiceology Mulling Spice, once steeped strain the spices and boil water with 1 cup of sugar. Once it boils, take off the heat and keep warm.
- When your tart is done in the oven, drizzle the Mulling Spice glaze over the warm tart, and enjoy!