There’s a reason they call this stuff Cowboy Candy – this sweet heat is addictive.
Burgers, hot dogs, mac and cheese, grilled cheese, meatloaf, nachos – the use for Pickled Jalapenos is literally endless.
Make a big ole’ batch of these babies and have them at the ready for when you need that super flavorful sweet kick.
- Slice your jalapeños, keeping the seeds.
- Heat the vinegar, sugar and all the seasonings until sugar has dissolved.
- Add your jalapeños to the mixture and simmer for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove jalapeños and cook down the vinegar/sugar mixture until syrupy, about 10 minutes.
- Place jalapeños in a large container or a few smaller containers and then pour syrup over them.
- Let cool to room temperature then place in the fridge.
- Cowboy Candy will last 3-4 months in the fridge. Enjoy on a burger or with a charcuterie board.