This recipe did not disappoint. A few ingredients to marinate beef, cook up some rice and chop up some veg while you wait and you’ll be noshing on this incredibly flavorful Fiery Sweet Beef Bulgogi Bowl in no time at all. Layer on your favorite veggies, kimchi and don’t forget the Quick Pickles for some spicy sweet crunch. We also made this dish with salmon as well and it was equally delectable.
- 1 lb flank or skirt steak, sliced thin
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 5 tablespoons honey
- 4 tablespoons Mirin wine
- 4--5 tablespoons Jet Tila Fiery Sweet blend
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Cooked rice, quinoa or cauliflower rice
- Avocado, sliced
- Mango, cut into matchsticks
- Carrots, cut into matchsticks
- Quick Pickles
- Red cabbage, thinly sliced
- Sesame Seeds
- Green onions or scallions, diced
- In a medium bowl add the soy sauce, sesame oil, honey, mirin and Jet Tila’s Fiery Sweet blend. Whisk to combine. Add the beef slices and toss lightly to coat. Allow to marinate for 30 minutes to 1 hour (or longer if you’d prefer).
- To a hot skillet, add the oil and when it just begins to smoke, add the beef, working in batches. Brown on both sides for about 2-3 minutes. Remove and allow to cool slightly while you assemble the bowl
- To 4 bowls, add rice and top with avocado, mango, carrots, kimchi, red cabbage, quick pickles and evenly distribute the beef. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and green onions and serve.