Click the play button above to watch the recipe video!
There are some amazing earthy and umami flavors happening in this dish.
Chef Tony shares his recipe for YXQ Szechuan Eggplant using our Fiery Sweet bulgogi-inspired blend we made with Chef Jet Tila.
Check out more of Chef Tony’s recipes over on Youtube.
- 2 Chinese Eggplant (you can use Italian), Batonnet
- 1 Yellow Squash, Batonnet
- 1 Zucchini, Batonnet
- 1 Garlic clove, sliced
- 1 tbsp Ginger
- 1 tbsp Spiceology X Jet Tila Fiery Sweet blend
- 8 fl oz Soy
- 2 fl oz Sugar
- 3 fl oz Rice Vin
- 2 fl oz White Wine
- 1 tbsp Corn Starch
- 2 tbsp Water
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F.
- Roast your eggplant, squash and zucchini for 15 minutes.
- Remove vegetables from the oven and turn your stove top to medium high heat with a wok (or sauté pan).
- Mix together sauce ingredients and stir well.
- Get the pan hot and add 1 tablespoon of oil and drop in garlic and ginger and Spiceology X Jet Tila Fiery Sweet blend.
- Once fragrant drop in roasted vegetables and toss, then pour in sauce.
- Once the sauce is boiling bring to a simmer and pour in slurry.
- The sauce will thicken then toss veggies to evenly coat with sauce.
- Serve hot garnished with green onion and chile flake.