Chef Ryan Wiebe shows you how to turn a few Persian cucumbers into pretty perfect pickles that are packed with flavor.
Use these on your next charcuterie board, load up a sandwich or just eat them straight out of the jar.
- 1 lbs of mini or Persian cucumbers
- 1 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp black peppercorns
- 4 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp of each brown and yellow mustard seeds
- 2 Tbsp of Spiceology X Jet Tila Sour Power blend
- Slice cucumbers into spears.
- Place them into a clean glass jar.
- Add the peppercorns, mustard seeds, garlic and Spiceology X Jet Tila Sour Power seasoning to the jar.
- In a sauce pan add vinegar, water, salt, and sugar, and heat until salt and sugar are dissolved.
- Pour over your cucumbers and make sure everything is mixed.
- Let cool and place into the fridge for a few days for best flavor.
- Optional, slice cucumber instead of spears for sandwiches or burgers.