Char, spice, salt – these Shishito peppers play well with our ultra-flavorful Togarashi blend and are easier to whip up than you might think.
- 6 ounces shishito peppers
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon flaky sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Spiceology Togarashi blend
- Rinse the shishito peppers and then pat them dry. Lay them on a paper towel to dry if necessary.
- Heat a cast-iron skillet on the stove or grill over high heat.
- Toss the peppers with the olive oil and then spread them out in a single layer in the cast iron skillet once it’s hot.
- Allow the peppers to cook for 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until blistered on both sides.
- Remove the peppers from the heat and toss them with the sea salt, soy sauce, and togarashi seasoning.