The flavor combos going on in this easy grilling recipe are just on point with notes of coffee, sweet and tart with the beef.
Mix our Cowboy Crust Espresso Chile Rub with molasses and you have a saucy steak’s best friend.
- Your favourite cut of steak (I used Denver cut here)
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup fancy molasses
- 3 Tbsp Spiceology Cowboy Crust
- Optional – Pomegranate seeds
- Mix the molasses and Spiceology Cowboy Crust together in a bowl, rub your steak thoroughly with the wet marinade on all sides, let marinade for at least 2 hours in the fridge or overnight for best flavor.
- Heat your grill to med high heat.
- Place steaks over direct heat and cook 4-5 minutes a side or to your desired doneness.
- If using the pomegranate, cut open and pop out the seeds (they add a great crunch and flavour paired with the molasses and Spiceology Cowboy Crust).
- When your steaks are cooked to your liking, let them rest for a few mins before slicing.
- Top steak with pomegranate seeds and enjoy with a salad for that perfect summer grillin’.