These Asian-fusion green beans are going to seriously amp up you Thanksgiving dinner table. Move over classic green bean casserole – there’s a new side in town.
Never used our Umami Punch blend? Made in collaboration with the one-and-only Jet Tila, Umami Punch is a Ssamjan-inspired blend with Chili Peppers, Tamari Powder, Honey Granules, Toasted Sesame Seeds, Garlic, Onion, Spices, and more. And with all it’s tasty flavor complexity, it’s still an ultra-versatile and easy-to-use blend.
Umami Punch Shacha BBQ Green Beans
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4–6 servings 1x
- 1.5 pounds green beans
- 2 tablespoons Spiceology X Jet Tila Umami Punch Ssamjang-inspired blend
- 2 tablespoons sliced garlic
- 2 tablespoons sliced ginger
- 2 tablespoons Bull Head Chinese BBQ Sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- crushed peanuts
- 2 tablespoons minced Thai chiles
- In a wok or frying pan, bring oil to 400 degrees.
- Flash fry green beans until they’re blistered, scoop out beans and place on a paper towel to allow excess oil to come off.
- Discard oil from wok.
- In a small bowl combine sauce ingredients.
- Get your wok on medium high heat place beans back in with sauce and toss with have your garnish.
- Plate and finish with garnishing with fresh crushed peanuts, diced Thai chiles and scallions.