It doesn’t get any more autumnal than Pumpkin Spice Brioche French Toast – throw in a campfire surrounded by leaf-changing trees and a crisp fall breeze and you’ll reach cozy perfection with this classic breakfast or break-for-dinner dish.
Chef Ryan Wiebe shares his own twists on this classic, including melted vanilla ice cream and pumpkin puree in the egg batter – then these babies are topped with a Pumpkin Spice Mascarpone just for a little more delicious decadence.
Spiceology’s Pumpkin Spice blend has a pretty perfect balance of ground cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves, and allspice; keep this blend around all year for sweet and savory recipes, including Brown Butter Pumpkin Spice Wild Rice, Pumpkin Spice Protein Trail Mix, Pumpkin Spice Chicken Wings, and a whole lot more.
- Brioche Bread
- 3–4 eggs
- 1/4 cups pumpkin purée
- 1/2 cup melted vanilla ice cream
- 1/4 cup Spiceology Pumpkin Spice, divided
- 1 cup mascarpone
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Maple syrup, as needed
- Heat pan to medium heat.
- Mix eggs, pumpkin purée, melted ice cream and 2 tablespoons of Spiceology Pumpkin Spice.
- Mix mascarpone, brown sugar and 1 tablespoon Pumpkin Spice in a stand mixer, mix on high for 1-2 minutes.
- Dip bread into the egg mixture, add to pan and cook for 2 mins per side.
- Assemble French toast and top with Pumpkin Spice mascarpone and maple syrup.