CHICKEN LIVER MOUSSE
- Recipe by: Matt Broussard @acooknamedmatt
- Difficulty level: Moderate
- Time: 2-3 hours
- 1/2 lbs plums or fruit of choice
- 3 tablespoons mustard seed (cooked, refer to video)
- 1 cup rice wine vinegar
- honey, to taste
- 1 tablespoon The Grill Dads Red Tuxedo Rub
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- In a pot bring to a simmer, rice vinegar, honey, Red Tuxedo Rub, ginger and taste.
- While still hot, pour over plums and mix with cooked mustard seed, sesame oil and taste.
- Set in the fridge to chill.
Chicken liver mousse
- In a pan saucepan, sauté shallots and onion until translucent, set aside.
- In the same pan sear off the chicken livers on high heat. Make sure you don’t overcook them! Add in the pink salt and bourbon.
- Put everything into a blender and add Lemonade Thyme Dry Brine.
- While blending, emulsify with cold butter piece by piece. Blend on high until smooth for about three minutes.
- Pour mixture in a container or jar and cover with parchment directly on the mousse. Chill for at least six hours.
Serve on toast with mustarda, toasted pistachio, and some flakey salt to finish.
Sourdough bread here