Recipe By: Farmgirl Gourmet (Spiceology Co-Founder, Heather Scholten)
Difficulty Level: Easy
Rubs are for grilling. Rubs are for smoking. Rubs are also for bread baking. It's true! With our super versatile blends, the sky is the limit on your culinary creativity. Take this Greek Freak Quick Bread recipe. Just a few ingredients and a hot oven and you're eating delicious bread in no time at all.
Greek Freak Quick Bread
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus extra for dusting
- 1 heaping tablespoon Greek Freak Spice Rub
- 1 packet active dry yeast (Don't worry! Amazon or your grocery store can deliver this)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (or 1/2 teaspoon table salt)
- 3/4 cup warm tap water
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, plus 2 teaspoons for drizzling
- Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 450ºF. Place a pizza stone/baking stone in the oven and preheat. You can also use a baking sheet.
- In a food processor or mixing bowl add the flour, Greek Freak, yeast, sugar and salt. If using a food processor pulse to combine or whisk together in a bowl. Add the olive oil to the water and add to your dry mixture, mixing. Continue to mix until the dough comes together and forms a ball.
- Sprinkle about a tablespoon of flour onto your counter and remove the dough from the processor. Hand knead 10 times to form a smooth ball. Cover with a medium-sized bowl and allow to rest 15 minutes. Remove the bowl and stretch and flatten the ball into a 12-inch disk.
- Spray the baking stone/baking sheet with cooking spray and add the dough to it. Gently use your fingers to depress finger marks into the dough and drizzle with a little more olive oil and some black pepper.
- Bake for 12-16 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the center is firm.
- Remove, slice and serve.
When your ultra-premium spice rubs and blends aren't packed with preservatives, fillers and other funky stuff, they open up a whole new world of possibilities in the kitchen or at the grill. Other uses for Greek Freak include:
- Bring the cheesy, meaty goodness to your dinner table with Spiceology's Grilled Cheesesteak Pinwheels. Sounds fancy. It's not.
- Use to make marinara sauce with crushed tomatoes and tomato paste - 3 ingredients!
- Roll a pork tenderloin in Greek Freak and grill or bake. Top with crumbled feta cheese and fresh chopped oregano - Delicioso!
- Sprinkle into Minestrone soup. Skip chopping tons of herbs and just unscrew the jar and sprinkle some in. Easy!!
- Coat a steak in Greek Freak with a drizzle of olive oil and grill to perfection. You don't need that "montreal" stuff, Greek Freak has you covered.