HONEY HABANERO YAMS
Recipe by: Chef Tony Reed, Spiceology Foodservice Director
Difficulty level: Easy
- Time: 1 hour
- 3 sweet potatoes, cut into wedges
- coarse salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon Spiceology Smoky Honey Habanero
- 4 tablespoons your favorite local honey
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Set your oven to 425°F.
- Cut your sweet potatoes into wedges (or however you like) skin on.
- In a pan, coat yams with oil, toss, and season with salt.
- Cover the pan and place in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and uncover. Place butter and Smoky Honey Habanero seasoning into a pan and toss to coat the wedges.
- Put back in the oven uncovered for 25 minutes.
- Once again remove from oven and add in apple cider vinegar.
- Let sweet potatoes cool. Combine honey and the hot sauce, drizzle over potatoes and serve as side dish or a good snack.