MESQUITE PEPPERCORN LAGER TRI-TIP MELT
Recipe by: Derek Wolf
Difficulty level: Easy
Time: 1.5 hours
Watch Derek make this sandwich here.
- Tri-Tip, with fat cap
- 1 cup of Lager
- 1/4 cup of Spiceology Mesquite Peppercorn Lager
- 2 tablespoons of hot sauce
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon of brown sugar
- 2-4 slices of Havarti cheese
- 1 tablespoon of horseradish mayo
- Texas Toast, buttered and toasted
- oil, as needed
- Trim & score your tri-tip steak. Marinate steak in lager, Mesquite Peppercorn Lager Rub and hot sauce for 2-4 hours.
- Preheat grill to medium-high (about 375F) & grill steak. Cook until steak hits 130F (about 1 hr). Once done, pull off & let rest for 15 minutes.
- Preheat a skillet over the fire and add oil, onions, salt, and brown sugar. Cook until browned and soft. Top the onions with cheese and melt. Toast texas toast once done.
- Slice steak against the grain thinly. Build your melt with toast, horseradish mayo, tri-tip, cheesy onions & another texas toast slice with mayo.
- Slice and enjoy!