Seriously...I already know what you're thinking. Peanut Butter & Jelly Burgers - EW. Yep, I can hear you from here. Now that we have that out of the way, let's get serious for a minute.
These were the BEST burgers I've ever had in my entire life.
Ok, I can here you again! But listen, I'm my own worst critic. I will proclaim meals a failure when my family and friends are licking their fingers in foodie joy. I'm extremely hard on myself because as a respected recipe developer I strive to be better than the Homemade Hamburger Helper that keeps my food blog alive. Let's get back to the burgs...
These babies were a snap to make. There is a little prep time in the bacon jam, but it's mostly a stir here and there while you do other things. The ground beef was major flavor town and the addition of really quality raspberry jam...well that was the cherry on top of these bad boys.
This is our 2nd year as a sponsor of my friend Kita's Burger Month where we've teamed up with 100 food bloggers across the country to bring you some seriously delicious burgers for Burger Month. Some of the other sponsors include: American Lamb Board, Anolon, Beef, It’s What’s For Dinner, Char-Broil, Curly’s BBQ, Cuttingboard.com, Melissa’s Produce, Primal Stone, Thermoworks, & Veal Made Easy who along with Spiceologist, will be providing goodies in a GIVEAWAY!! Yep, an amazing array of culinary awesomeness that you need in your life!
Should we get to the recipe? Ok. Here we go....
PB & JELLY BURGERS
Makes 6 Servings
For the Bacon Jam
- 2 lbs thick sliced bacon, cut crosswise into 1 inch pieces
- 3 shallots, diced small
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and diced small
- 3/4 cup strong brewed coffee or store bought
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup real maple syrup
- 2-3 tablespoons Smoky Honey Habanero spice rub
- In a large dutch oven over medium high heat, add the bacon and cook until lightly browned. Remove to a paper towel lined plate. Set aside.
- Reserve 1 tablespoon of bacon drippings in the dutch oven. Add the onion and garlic and cook until the onions are translucent, but not browned, about 5-6 minutes. Add the coffee, apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, maple syrup and Smoky Honey Habanero rub., Cook, stirring for 2-3 minutes. Add the bacon and stir to combine.
- Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring occasionally, until most of the liquid has evaporated and turns sticky and syrupy, about 45 minutes to an hour.
CHOICE: at this point you can do 2 things. 1) eat it right away, or 2) cool slightly and then pulse in a food processor until the jam is coarse and slightly pureed. I opted for door #1 only because I liked the chunky texture. Either way will be BOMB!
For the Burgers
- 2 pounds ground beef (80/20)
- 3-4 tablespoons Thai Peanut Spice Rub
- 6 brioche burger buns
- leafy lettuce
- Raspberry Jam
- In a large bowl add the ground beef and Thai Peanut spice rub. Mix well to combine and form into 6 patties.
- Heat the grill and cook the patties to your liking. Toast the burger buns on the grill for the last few minutes. Remove buns and burger patties and assemble.
- Spread a tablespoon on the bottom bun, top with the burger, lettuce and spread a couple teaspoons (or more) of raspberry jam on the top bun. Repeat with the remaining 5 buns and DEVOUR.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.