A fun way to level up any salad is to add some sort of fruit to it. When strawberries are in season, slice them in half and toss them with crisp lettuce, creamy cheese and chicken or steak. The sweetness mixed with all of the other ingredients makes for a bowl of deliciousness.
This Spicy Chicken & Strawberry Salad would make a great weeknight meal. Broil the chicken with our Smoky Honey Habanero rub and while it's cooking, toss some greens, strawberries, crumbled bleu cheese and dice avocado. Make a quick vinaigrette and top with sliced chicken and dinner is served.
Smoky Honey Chicken Salad with Strawberries & Bleu Cheese
- 1 head butter lettuce, washed and dried
- 2 chicken breasts, thawed
- 2 tablespoons Smoky Honey Habanero spice rub, divided
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- 8 strawberries, washed, stemmed and halved
- 1/2 cup bleu cheese, crumbled
- 2/3 cup vinaigrette
- cooking spray
- Preheat broiler. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil. Spray with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle chicken breasts with Smoky Honey Habanero rub and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Broil chicken for 5 minutes, turn and continue for another 3-5 minutes, or until done to your liking. Allow to rest 5 minutes before slicing.
- Tear the lettuce into pieces and divide among 2 plates or bowls. Top with avocado, strawberries, bleu cheese and sliced chicken. Drizzle with dressing or vinaigrette. Serve.