An easy recipe for Cheesy Cajun Buttermilk Biscuits that come together quickly and are a great addition to your Thanksgiving menu or anytime you’re craving cheesy biscuits!
Our Black & Bleu spice blend adds Cajun spice and a subtle bleu cheese twist to the classic buttermilk biscuit.
Cheesy Cajun Buttermilk Biscuits Recipe
Makes 12 Biscuits
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons Black & Bleu Rub
- 1/2 cup cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup cold vegetable shortening, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- In the bowl of a food processor, add the flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and Black & Bleu rub. Pulse a few times to combine.
- Add the butter and shortening to the flour mixture and pulse until it resembles coarse meal. Add the buttermilk and pulse just until the dough comes together. Turn out onto a lightly floured workspace and gather into a ball. Flatten with your hands into a disk about 1 inch thick. Use a sharp biscuit cutter or cookie cutter and cut into rounds. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake until biscuits are golden brown, about 15 minutes. Cool slightly and serve warm.