Chicken Liver Mousse Recipe
- Recipe by: Matt Broussard @acooknamedmatt
- Difficulty level: Moderate
- Time: 2-3 hours
- 1/2 lbs plums or fruit of choice
- 3 tablespoons mustard seed (cooked, refer to video)
- 1 cup rice wine vinegar
- honey, to taste
- 1 tablespoon The Grill Dads Salt Pepper + Three Chiles seasoning
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- In a pot bring to a simmer, rice vinegar, honey, Red Tuxedo Rub, ginger and taste.
- While still hot, pour over plums and mix with cooked mustard seed, sesame oil and taste.
- Set in the fridge to chill.
Chicken liver mousse
- 1 lbs chicken livers soaked in milk overnight
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup bourbon or brandy
- 1/4 teaspoon Pink Curing Salt Prague #1
- 1 1/2 tablespoons The Grill Dads Lemonade Thyme Dry Brine
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- In a pan saucepan, sauté shallots and onion until translucent, set aside.
- In the same pan sear off the chicken livers on high heat. Make sure you don’t overcook them! Add in the pink salt and bourbon.
- Put everything into a blender and add Lemonade Thyme Dry Brine.
- While blending, emulsify with cold butter piece by piece. Blend on high until smooth for about three minutes.
- Pour mixture in a container or jar and cover with parchment directly on the mousse. Chill for at least six hours.
Serve on toast with mustarda, toasted pistachio, and some flakey salt to finish.