A few extra minutes will make all the difference with this easy recipe.
Our Greek Freak Mediterranean blend with mix of herbs, garlic, dried onion, sun-dried tomato, a touch of chili pepper, and orange peel powder adds the perfect pops of flavor in these creamy and dreamy taters.
- 3 lbs russet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 6 tablespoon salted butter, plus 2 tablespoons
- ½–¾ cups buttermilk, warmed slightly
- 1–2 tablespoons Spiceology Greek Freak
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Bring a large stock pot of water to a boil. Salt and add the potatoes. Boil until fork tender, about 15 minutes. Drain.
- In a small saucepan, add the butter and heat over medium heat. Stir constantly. The butter will begin to foam and sizzle, keep stirring. In about 5 minutes the butter will turn a gold brown and the milk solids will have fallen to the bottom. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Run the potatoes through a food mill or potato ricer into a large bowl. Add 2/3 of the browned butter, buttermilk, and Spiceology Greek Freak. Stir to combine. Add more milk if the potatoes are not creamy enough.
- Drizzle the top with the remaining browned butter and a sprinkle of Spiceology Greek Freak. Serve immediately.