Button bones, also known as button ribs, aren’t technically ribs, but come from the backbone area. But dang are they still tasty.
Chef Ryan Wiebe created a simple marinade to amp up the flavor, but the real trick is the flash air drying at the end.
Our Greek Freak Mediterranean blend is packed with real orange peel, sun-dried tomato, onion, chiles, herbs, and more – this best-selling blend is perfect for pork (and pretty much anything else).
- About 2 lbs of pork button bones or “button ribs”
- 4 tbsp Spiceology Greek Freak Mediterranean blend
- 1/2–3/4 cup chicken stock
- Olive oil as needed
- Season your ribs with olive oil and Greek Freak seasoning and place in your fridge for 1 hour or overnight.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Place your seasoned button ribs in a roasting pan and add enough chicken stock just to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Roast for 1 hour.
- Once ribs come out of the oven you can either let them cool and cut into small pieces or cut them right away.
- Toss them in some olive oil and toss into your air fryer on high for 4-5 minutes or until crispy to your liking. Optional, you can deep fry your button ribs for 2-3 minutes until crispy.
- Enjoy these as a snack or serve with rice as a main course.