Holy Mock-a-Mole! Yes, we had to make a guacamole joke. We developed this recipe for an alternative to guac without avocado for our AHA/NKF dietary guidelines or if you want to try something new. Can’t have avocado? No stress. This mockamole recipe is simple, quick, and made with green peas blended up with flavor from our Guac and Roll Salt-Free Blend. Red and green bell peppers combine with cilantro, onion, tomato and citrus adds the perfect savory flavor. Spread this on your favorite avocado toast recipe, serve it with your favorite tortilla chips, or top your tacos with it.
- 1 lb frozen green peas, thawed (can also use fresh peas, lightly steamed)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 jalapeno (seeds removed) diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- juice and zest of 1 lime
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro (appx 1/3 bunch)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Spiceology Guac And Roll Salt Free Seasoning
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor, pulse until you have desired consistency.
- Serve with your favorite toast, as a sandwich spread, or on top of tacos.