HONEY MUSTARD IPA FRIED CHICKEN WINGS
- Recipe by: Derek Wolf @overthefirecooking
- Difficulty level: Easy
- Time: 1.5 hours
Watch Derek make this recipe here.
- 1 pound wingettes
- 1.5 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons Spiceology Derek Wolf Honey Mustard Ipa Rub
- 1 quart frying oil
- 2 tablespoons IPA Beer
- 1 tablespoon Spiceology Derek Wolf Honey Mustard Ipa Rub
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard
- 1/8 cup honey
- 1/8 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- Mix Honey Mustard IPA seasoning with flour. Take your chicken out & pat dry. Dredge chicken in the flour/seasoning mixture & set in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Preheat a cast iron dutch oven with frying oil. Let oil get too 350°F before starting to cook.
- Add chicken to oil & let cook for about 8-9 minutes or once 165°F internal. Pull off & let rest on a paper towel for 2-3 minutes.
- While chicken is frying, preheat a bbq sauce skillet. Add IPA beer first and let simmer for 1 minute. Next, add the remaining bbq sauce ingredients and let simmer over the fire for about 5-6 minutes.
- Toss fried chicken with bbq sauce and enjoy.