Click the play button above to watch the recipe video!
Chef Tony shows you how to make the best brussels sprouts at home with a little help from our Spiceology Korean BBQ blend.
Check out more of Chef Tony’s recipes over on Youtube.
- 1 lb Brussel Sprouts
- 1 quart Vegetable Oil
- 2 tbsp crushed peanuts
- 4 tbsp cilantro
- Spiceology Korean BBQ blend to taste
- 1/4 cup Store bought kimchi, rough dice
- 1/4 cup Oyster Sauce
- 1/4 cup Hoisin Sauce
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce, Tamari
- 2 tbsp Sriracha
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1 tbsp Spiceology Korean BBQ blend
- 2 tbsp Black Vinegar
- Wash your brussels sprouts in a colander and dry on a paper towel line sheet tray.
- Halve and quarter your brussels sprouts so they’re all evenly shaped. Allow to air dry for 30 minutes.
- In a deep pot or wok, pour in the vegetable oil set on stove at medium high heat or until oil is 375 degrees.
- While oil is coming to temp, using a small mixing bowl, mix together sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Once the oil is to temp drop in half of the brussels sprouts and fry until crispy. Remove the brussels from oil with a steel racket or spoon and place onto a paper towel lined plate or sheet tray.
- Allow the oil to get back to temperature and repeat the process with the remaining fresh brussels sprouts.
- Place brussels sprouts in a mixing bowl with kimchi, peanuts and drizzle about 2-3 tablespoons of sauce and toss.
- Plate in a bowl and garnish with Korean chile flake and cilantro.