Click the play button to watch the above recipe video!
Spiceologist and Chef Tony shows you how to make the most of leftover turkey – let the crock pot do the work. Never used our Turkey Rub? It goes way beyond turkey and is a versatile blend with the perfect mix of herbs, garlic and onion.
In our High/Low Recipe Series we’re showing you a low effort no-recipe recipe (aka you just shake that stuff in) and a high effort recipe (for you foodie overachievers and chefs – you know who you are).
- Leftover Turkey
- 16 oz jar roasted green chiles
- 1/2 onion, quartered
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 10–12 oz chicken broth
- 1/4 cup Turkey Rub
- 2 15 oz cans white beans
- 1 15 oz can corn
- Shred any leftover turkey you have from your Smoked Turkey (or any leftover turkey you have). Set aside.
- In a blender or food processor place the green chiles and broth and pulse. Pour into crockpot on high heat
- Take a colander and dump the cans white beans and corn into it. Rinse of beans and corn with warm water then mix into green chile broth in crockpot.
- Place onion and garlic in the crockpot. Set the broth in the crockpot on high for a minimum 2 hours.
- For the last 30 minutes of cook time place the shredded turkey into the broth and stir.
- Serve with cornbread