Petrale Sole is a common fish in Northern California and not widely known, but believe us, it should be. This slightly sweet and mild fish does not require a lot to be full of flavor. We lightly breaded it, fried it in a bit of olive oil and topped it with a quick and fresh gremolata that has a hint of coffee and it was all kinds of delicious.
The amazing folks at E-Fish.com sent us a couple of varieties of products to try and the experience was incredible. One of their commitments is “Dock to Door” which as a spice company that prides themselves on pack fresh, we totally love everything about it!
Get 10% Off your first order at E-Fish.com using the code: SPICEOLOGY10
- 2–3 Petrale Sole fillets
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Salt & Pepper
- 2–3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped Italian parsley
- 2 teaspoons Adam McKenzie Coffee Junkie
- 1 tablespoon chopped lemon peel
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- Flakey Salt, to taste
- On a plate, add the flour and season with salt and pepper to taste, mix well. Dredge each fillet in the flour mixture and set on another plate.
- Heat 1-2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet. Add the floured fillets and cook for 3-4 minutes per side. Remove to a platter. Top with Coffee Gremolata and serve
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and stir to combine.