This Pineapple Turmeric Margarita is so refreshing and tastes incredible. The addition of turmeric may make you think “healthy margarita” and we’d like to agree, but truthfully it is adding a beautiful color. The flavor is sweet from the pineapple and has a slight hint of earthy turmeric. This recipe is easily converted into a blended margarita as well.
- 3 ounces Pineapple Juice (not from concentrate)
- 3 ounces silver tequila
- ½ teaspoon Turmeric Root Powder
- 1 lime wedge
- Hawaiian Black Salt or other salt, for rimming
- Lime wedges for garnish
- Rim the edge of 2 glasses with lime wedge and dip into black salt. Set aside.
- In a cocktail shaker, add ice, pineapple juice, tequila, turmeric and a squeeze of lime. Shake vigorously for 30 seconds or so.
- Pour or strain into salt-rimmed glasses with fresh ice.
- Garnish with lime wedge or a chunk of pineapple and serve immediately.