Click the play button above to watch the recipe video!
We’re celebrating all things char, and Chef Tony Reed shows you how a little leaf singeing can enhance flavors and make that Pink Peppercorn Lemon Thyme dressing sing.
Check out more of Chef Tony’s recipes over on Youtube.
- 2 heads Romaine
- 8 Lemon Slices
Olive Oil Dressing:
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 cup Lemon Juice
- 2 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- Spiceology Pink Peppercorn Lemon Thyme to taste
- Salt to taste
- Parmesan Cheese to taste
- Black Peppercorns ground to taste (we used HexClad’s grinder)
- Spiceology X A Cook Named Matt Flakey Salt, to taste
- Preheat your grill to 400-500 degrees F
- Remove the loose leaves off the head of romaine, and slice the heads in half through the heart of the romaine.
- Apply olive oil and Pink Peppercorn Lemon Thyme over the inside of the romaine head and place on the grill.
- Grill until you see charr, then turn 90 degrees and grill until you see nice square grill marks.
- Remove from grill and plate.
- Dress the romaine with Pink Peppercorn Lemon Thyme dressing, and garnish with fresh parmesan and freshly ground pepper and finishing with flake salt.