Click the play button above to watch the recipe video!
We’re celebrating all things char, and Chef Tony Reed shows you how a little leaf singeing can enhance flavors and make that Pink Peppercorn Lemon Thyme dressing sing.
Check out more of Chef Tony’s recipes over on Youtube.
Pink Peppercorn Lemon Thyme Charred Salad
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- 2 heads Romaine
- 8 Lemon Slices
Olive Oil Dressing:
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 cup Lemon Juice
- 2 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- Spiceology Pink Peppercorn Lemon Thyme to taste
- Salt to taste
- Parmesan Cheese to taste
- Black Peppercorns ground to taste (we used HexClad’s grinder)
- Spiceology X A Cook Named Matt Flakey Salt, to taste
- Preheat your grill to 400-500 degrees F
- Remove the loose leaves off the head of romaine, and slice the heads in half through the heart of the romaine.
- Apply olive oil and Pink Peppercorn Lemon Thyme over the inside of the romaine head and place on the grill.
- Grill until you see charr, then turn 90 degrees and grill until you see nice square grill marks.
- Remove from grill and plate.
- Dress the romaine with Pink Peppercorn Lemon Thyme dressing, and garnish with fresh parmesan and freshly ground pepper and finishing with flake salt.