Sure most everyone has had a roasted sweet potato in their day. But have you had Smoky Honey Habanero Miso Sweet Potatoes? Trust us – they’re a game changer, and the reduced Smoky Honey Habanero Miso sauce is slather worthy.
Our very own Chef Tony is serving up Asian fusion-inspired holiday menu ideas – and these sweet potatoes just might be the star of the your dinner party.
Smoky Honey Habanero is where it all started – it was Spiceology’s first-ever blend, and there’s a reason why so many keep it on their kitchen counter. It’s ultra versatile with the perfect mix of sweet heat. Click here for more recipes using this fan-fave blend.
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 1 cup sake
- 1 cup mirin
- 3 tablespoons Spiceology Smoky Honey Habanero
- 1 pound white miso
- 3 ounces sugar
- 3 ounces honey
- 2 scallions
- 3 tablespoons Thai chiles, thinly sliced
- sesame seeds for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Puncture sweet potatoes with a fork all the way around and season with salt and oil. Place potatoes on a sheet tray and roast until tender.
- While the potatoes are roasting combine the sake, mirin, smokey honey habanero blend, miso, honey and sugar in a mixing bowl and homogenized.
- Put mixture in a sauce pan an reduce 1/4 of the sauce it should be a nice caramel color. Set aside.
- One tender to a fork, remove from oven and slice the potatoes in half (hot dog style) leaving them flesh side up. Set oven to broil at 500 degrees.
- Spread the miso sauce over the sweet potatoes and broil.
- Once the sauce is “sticky” remove from oven and plate. Garnish with Thai chili’s, scallions and sesame seeds.