What better way to celebrate spring and all its wonders than with a slice of crusty sourdough piled high with spring deliciousness? This recipe, 2 ways, is incredibly easy to make and although it may look complicated, only takes about 15-20 minutes from start to devouring. If you’re not a fan of avocado, we highly recommend you give our Mock-a-mole a go. It’s super fast to assemble and can be kept in the fridge for 4-5 days. Use it on toast, to dip chips or veggies in. Be sure to check out the Chef Notes for a simple way to make soft boiled eggs in an air fryer. You could also toss in the asparagus spears at the same time. To finish the Spring Avocado Toast drizzle them with a little honey and flakey salt and wow your friends and family.
Equipment: mandoline or sharp knife
- 2 slices sourdough bread, sliced
- ⅓ cup feta cheese crumbles
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 2-3 tablespoons mock-a-mole
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh peas
- 2 radishes, sliced thin
- 1 egg, soft boiled (air fryer instructions below)
- ½ avocado, sliced
- 2 asparagus spears, parboiled
- red pepper flakes
- flake sea salt
- microgreens, optional
- Toast the sourdough slightly, set aside.
- In a small bowl, add the feta and cream cheese and cream with a fork. Spread half on each slice of toast.
- For the Pea “Avocado” Toast: add mock-a-mole, fresh peas, radishes and microgreens. Season with a pinch of sea salt. Serve.
- For the Avocado Egg Toast: add the avocado slices, asparagus spears, sliced egg, microgreens, a pinch of red pepper flakes, a pinch of salt and a drizzle of honey. Serve.
Chef’s Note / Tips / Tricks:
To make soft boiled eggs in an air fryer: place 1 or 2 eggs in the basket of the air fryer. Set to 300º F and cook for 8-9 minutes. Have a bowl with ice ready and plunge the eggs in the ice bath to stop the cooking. Peel, slice and serve.