What better way to celebrate spring and all its wonders than with a slice of crusty sourdough piled high with spring deliciousness? This recipe, 2 ways, is incredibly easy to make and although it may look complicated, only takes about 15-20 minutes from start to devouring. If you’re not a fan of avocado, we highly recommend you give our Mock-a-mole a go. It’s super fast to assemble and can be kept in the fridge for 4-5 days. Use it on toast, to dip chips or veggies in. Be sure to check out the Chef Notes for a simple way to make soft-boiled eggs in an air fryer. You could also toss in the asparagus spears at the same time. To finish the Spring Avocado Toast drizzle them with a little honey and flakey salt and wow your friends and family.
- 2 slices sourdough bread, sliced
- ⅓ cup feta cheese crumbles
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 2–3 tablespoons mock-a-mole
- 1–2 tablespoons fresh peas
- 2 radishes, sliced thin
- 1 egg, soft boiled (air fryer instructions below)
- ½ avocado, sliced
- 2 asparagus spears, parboiled
- red pepper flakes
- flake sea salt
- microgreens, optional
- Toast the sourdough slightly, set aside.
- In a small bowl, add the feta and cream cheese and cream with a fork. Spread half on each slice of toast.
- For the Pea “Avocado” Toast: add mock-a-mole, fresh peas, radishes and microgreens. Season with a pinch of sea salt. Serve.
- For the Avocado Egg Toast: add the avocado slices, asparagus spears, sliced egg, microgreens, a pinch of red pepper flakes, a pinch of salt and a drizzle of honey. Serve.
To make soft-boiled eggs in an air fryer: place 1 or 2 eggs in the basket of the air fryer. Set to 300º F and cook for 8-9 minutes. Have a bowl with ice ready and plunge the eggs in the ice bath to stop the cooking. Peel, slice and serve.