If you’re looking for an easy party snack, look no further! Volcano Fries are like French fry nachos and they belong in your face. We dusted our fries with Black & Bleu blend – whoa whoa whoa – don’t hate on the bleu cheese vs nacho because it was the perfect marriage between cheesy and spicy and made this whole dish elevate to the nth. I’m going to say this again…..SOAK YOUR FRIES. Seriously, soaking the potatoes in cold water removes excess starch and keeps the fries from cooking into one big mega fry and also keeps them crispy on the outside and tender in the middle, just like Mama Spice’s heart.
- 2–3 russet potatoes, cut into French Fries
- Oil, for frying (vegetable or canola)
- 2–4 tablespoons Black & Bleu spice blend
- nacho cheese sauce, warmed
- 3 strips bacon, chopped and cooked
- 1/2 jalapeno, seeds removed and sliced
- Mexican Crema
- Cut the potatoes into French fry shape using a mandolin or a sharp knife. Place in a large bowl of cold water and soak for 3-4 hours. Remove and drain on a paper towel lined baking sheet for at least 10 minutes before frying.
- Heat oil to 375º F and add the fries in batches. Cook until golden brown, about 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove to a large bowl and add a tablespoon or 2 of the spice rub and toss with tongs. Repeat with remaining potatoes and spice blend.
- Pile the fries on a platter and drizzle with nacho cheese sauce, sprinkle on bacon pieces, jalapenos and drizzle crema and sriracha. Top with cilantro and serve immediately.