HOMEMADE MASON JAR ICE CREAM & FIRECRACKER FLOAT
Recipe by: Madeleine McKerrow
Difficulty level: Easy
What makes it a firecracker? Carbonated sugar! Spiceology's carbonated sugar starts crackling and popping in your float, delighting kids and adults alike.
Mason Jar Ice Cream
- Homemade ice cream
- 2 tablespoons Carbonated Sugar
- Soda of choice (Sprite, Cherry 7-Up, etc.)
Homemade Mason Jar Ice Cream
- Add cream, vanilla, sugar, and salt to the mason jar.
- Shake sealed mason jar vigorously for 4-5 minutes until the mixture has doubled in size and is opaque when shaken.
- Secure lid on jar and place in freezer for 4-5 hours (or until frozen).
- Place a scoop of ice cream in glass and top with 1 teaspoon carbonated sugar, repeat for desired number of scoops
- Top ice cream with soda of choice
- Add more carbonated sugar on top and listen for the "crackling" sound
- Enjoy your sugar rush!