Quesadillas are a quick go-to when you want something tasty, crunchy and cheesy but also extremely simple to enjoy for a quick lunch or dinner.
For this recipe, you’ll need to grill up some chicken with some Chile Margarita spice rub ahead of time and dice it up. We suggest using boneless, skinless chicken thighs because they stay juicer when you cook it the second time in the quesadilla. But, you could always use chicken breasts if that’s how you roll.
Go crazy and drizzle a little sriracha on these quesadillas and serve with a side of sour cream and guacamole.
Chicken & Black Bean Quesadillas Recipe
Makes 2 Servings
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken thighs or thinly sliced chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons Chile Margarita Spice Rub
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed & drained (red, pinto, or white beans could work too)
- 2 cups Mexican blend shredded cheese
- 4 large flour tortillas
- Cooking spray
- Cilantro, for serving
- Sriracha, for serving
- Heat the grill to high. Sprinkle the chicken on both sides with the Chile Margarita spice rub. Grill 5-7 minutes per side. Remove and dice.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Spray with cooking spray and add 1 tortilla. Top with cheese, beans, chicken and a tortilla. Cook until golden and crisp, about 3-4 minutes, flip carefully and continue to cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove to a cutting board and repeat with remaining ingredients. Cut quesadillas into quarters and drizzle with sriracha and chopped cilantro and serve immediately.