- 5 medium-large red potatoes sliced thin
- 1 bunch green onion chopped (separate green part form white)
- ¼ cup butter +1 tablespoon
- ¼ cup all purpose flour +2 tablespoons
- 2 ½ cups whole milk
- 2 tablespoons Isaac Toups Fryclone Seasoning
- 1 lb sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- sour cream
- green onion
- Thinly slice red potatoes in a food processor or using a mandolin. If you don’t have either, slice by hand.
- In a medium pot, melt ¼ cup butter, add ¼ cup all-purpose flour. Cook for 1 minute.
- Slowly add milk, bring to simmer. Reduce to very low and add shredded cheese and Fryclone seasoning. Whisk until smooth.
- In a buttered and floured 2 qt oven-safe glass dish, prepare potatoes in this order: sauce, potatoes, white part of onion, potatoes, cheese sauce, potatoes, cheese sauce.
- Place the oven uncovered at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.