Pickled beets are the kind of earthy-tangy goodness that should always live in your fridge.
We’re layering the flavor using our sweet, spicy and floral Hibiscus Habanero blend that both compliments and amps up that quick-pickled beet flavor.
These little flavor bombs are easy to throw together – then just let them sit and get better with time.
- 4 medium beets, boiled or roasted with skins removed
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black peppercorns
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp Spiceology Hibiscus Habanero blend
- Sliced beets in whatever size you prefer, thin slices or diced.
- Heat remaining ingredients until salt and sugar has dissolved.
- Pour pickling liquid over beets and cover.
- Let beets cool until room temperature then place in the fridge.
- Let refrigerate for a few days for best flavor.