Korean Bbq Chicken Tacos With Activated Charcoal Tortillas
- 4 bone-in chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Spiceology Korean BBQ Blend
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon fish sauce
- Take chicken and place in a bowl.
- Take remaining ingredients and place in a food processor or blender. Puree and pour over chicken. Mix well and refrigerate covered for 2-6 hours.
- Heat a grill over high heat and cook chicken to 165 degrees. Remove from grill and let rest for 5 minutes before pulling by hand. Make sure to tear charred skin into pieces and mix in.
- Serve on Activated charcoal tortillas with cilantro sauce, kimchi, shaved radish and fresh cilantro.
Activated Charcoal Tortillas
- 2 cups Masa Harina
- 2 tablespoons lard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons Activated Charcoal
- 1 ½ cups warm water
- Combine Masa Harina, lard, salt, and activated charcoal in a large bowl and mix well.
- Add ¾ of the water and mix. You are looking for the perfect consistency which is soft but not crumbly. Add more water as needed. Cover with a wet towel and let sit while your griddle heats over high heat.
- Take a gallon size ziploc bag and cut each side so the bag unfolds.
- Place about 3 tablespoons of dough in a ball in the middle of the bottom part of the bag.
- Fold the top over and press into a tortilla with a glass pyrex pan.
- Place tortilla on hot griddle and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side. Remove and wrap in dry towel.
- When ready to make tacos, reheat tortillas with a little oil on the griddle.