Click the play button above to watch the recipe video!
Tart, garlicky, funky, and highly addictive, Chef Tony shares his recipe for homemade kimchi using our Korean BBQ signature blend, plus our Spiceology X Jet Tila kimchi-inspired Sour Power blend.
Check out more of Chef Tony’s recipes over on Youtube.
- Cut 2 pounds of cabbage into thin strips about 2-3 inches in length and 1/4-inch wide. Place into a large bowl.
- Add 1 cup cold water and 1/4 cup kosher salt. Mix it well with your hands to properly salt the cabbage.
- Press and set aside for 30 minutes to 12 hours (the longer you can press the better). This will draw as much water out as possible.
- After pressing, use your hands to squeeze any excess liquid from the cabbage.
- Mix together the paste ingredients and then mix well with the cabbage.
- Seal in an airtight container for at least 1hour before serving. For best results leave at room temperature for at least 24 hours.