- 8 tomatoes
- 7 garlic cloves
- 1 onion
- The Grill Dad’s Bada Bing Dry Brine
- 1 egg
- 1 pound ground beef (used Wagyu from Snake River Farms)
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- Panko bread crumbs
- olive oil
Make your tomato sauce
- Take out the middle of eight tomatoes. Place on pan sheet with some sliced-up onion. Throw four cloves of garlic into some of your tomatoes. Sprinkle with Bada Bing and place on grill or in over at 425 degrees.
- Use an immersion blender, some olive oil, and a bit more Bada Bing to mix cooked veggies together and create a creamy tomato sauce.
Make your meatballs
- Combine egg, ground beef, chopped parsley, milk, bread crumbs, parmesan in a bowl. Massage the meat really well and add a couple of shakes of Bada Bing.
- Form your meat into meatballs, pressing a small cube or ball of mozzarella into the middle of each. Place formed meatball on a pan covered in foil.
- Add some olive oil to your pan and throw on the grill or oven at 450 degrees. Cook until the meatballs have a nice golden brown color with an internal temp of 160.
Put it all together
- Pour creamy tomato sauce into a cast-iron skillet. Add your golden brown meatball.
- Top with shredded mozzarella cheese
- Broil until cheese is melted.