Smoked Thunderdust Chicken Thighs
- 2 pounds bone-in skin-on chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Isaac Toups Thunderdust Blend
- Using a pellet grill, set to smoke at 180 degrees.
- Mix sugar and Thunderdust blend in a bowl. Rub on chicken thighs and place on pellet grill, skin side up.
- Smoke chicken thighs for 1.5 hours.
- Turn up to 450 degrees and flip skin side down. Cook for 15-20 minutes or until internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165 degrees. Check the skin to make sure you don’t burn. If skin is crispy and chicken is not up to temp, just flip to skin side up while you finish cooking.
Rump Shaker White BBQ Sauce
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup white distilled vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 2 teaspoons DJBBQ Rump Shaker Blend
- Combine all ingredients and mix well until smooth.
Maple Sugar Butternut Squash Puree
- 2 pounds butternut squash (usually one large squash)
- 4oz unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon Spiceology Maple Sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Heat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Halve squash lengthwise and remove seeds.
- Place skin side up on a sheet pan lined with greased foil.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove skin while still hot and place in a food processor with remaining ingredients. Turn on and blend. Make sure to scrape down sides and puree well. Taste for seasoning and serve immediately.