Smoked Turkey Legs:
- 2 (1-pound) turkey legs (these are the big boys)
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 tablespoons Isaac Toups Thunderdust Seasoning
- Preheat the smoker (or oven) to 250°F. You can make these in the oven if you need to, but the smoker is where it’s at.
- Score the turkey legs: On the meatier side of each leg, make three slices into the flesh, about an inch apart, cutting all the way down to the bone. Cut two more slashes on the other side, staggering between the other slashes. (That is, do not cut a ring all the way around the bone.) This will expose more turkey meat to the spice rub.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the garlic & Thunderdust.
- I like to mix it with my hand, really agitate it.
- Divide this mixture into 2 equal piles.
- Rub a pile well into each turkey leg, making sure each leg is well covered and the spices get deep into the cuts and crevices.
- Place the seasoned turkey legs in the smoker (or oven) and smoke (or bake) for 2 hours, or until the internal temperature is 155°F.
- Let cool for about 5 minutes.
- Eat like the barbarian you are.